SECTION 2 – Categories of Your Personal Infomation We Process
SECTION 3 – Sources of Personal Information We Process
You may provide personal information through direct interaction when you visit our website, sign up to our newsletters or publications, request marketing materials to be sent to you, respond to surveys, complete our feedback or comment form, provide your business card to any of our staff, attend physical or virtual events, or contact us to request for any information or other correspondence by post, email, our website or otherwise.
As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
SECTION 4 – HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your personal information to help us better connect with you. The following are the purposes for which we collect and process your personal information:
- To provide you with news and general information about activities, programmes and events related to Tony O. Elumelu and the Website.
- To monitor, review, evaluate and improve your experience when you visit the Website.
- To analyse the traffic on the Website, including determining the number of visitors to the Website and analyse how they navigate the Website.
- To notify you about changes to the Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support.
- To invite you to complete a survey or provide feedback to us on specific matters.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To fulfil legal/ regulatory obligations or to report any criminal or unethical activity.
SECTION 5 – SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to staff who have a need to know, the following trusted third parties have access to your information:
- We use a customer relationship management tool to help manage our contact database and send out email communications to you.
- Professional service providers such as IT service providers and website hosts.
SECTION 6 – YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have privacy rights for the information we process about you. You can choose to opt-out of updates from this Website, third-party sharing, object to, or restrict our use of your personal information, delete, change or correct your personal information or access your personal information.
Where you wish to exercise any of your data privacy rights, kindly notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgThe right to request that we delete your personal information that is in our possession, is subject however to retention required for legal purposes and the time required technically to delete such information.
SECTION 7 – THIRD PARTY LINKS
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies – We use Session Cookies to operate the Website.
- Preference Cookies – We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies – We use Security Cookies for security purposes.