Yesterday, I spoke with Zain Asher on the Zain’s Exchange.
I shared the key drivers of growth for Nigeria’s economy and the African economy at large.
See below some key points I mentioned in the interview.
- The US has a key role to play in helping to catalyse economic development and prosperity in Nigeria.
- The private sector must be willing to share a part of their prosperity with the young Nigerian entrepreneur so that we can collectively do more in eradicating poverty.
- As a country, we need to deal with insecurity. We cannot have private capital invest in our nation if we don’t fix insecurity and infrastructure in our country.
- Oil is our commonwealth as a people however it is being plundered buy a few. Oil theft is a major issue in Nigeria. The government must continue to engage our security agency to do what they need to do help protect our terminal.
- Africa continues to suffer for the consequences of the climate crisis even when we contributed little or nothing to it. We need a partnership that can support African institutions with energy funding to address this issue.
To hear the rest of my thoughts on this, press play.